How Can I Improve the Air Quality in My Baby’s Room?
Taking care and protecting your baby’s health is a top priority. In the situation of air pollution as today, the use of air purifiers in the baby’s room is urgent work.
An air purifier will help clean the air, protect your baby’s health and breathing. Maximum prevention of diseases related to the respiratory system such as upper respiratory infections, pneumonia, flu, and so on.
However, choosing the best baby air purifier is an enormous concern of parents among countless brands of air purifier products today.
Uses of baby air purifier
- Dust collector: Removes large dust such as hair loss, animal hair, cloth dust. Air purifiers help remove fine dust (PM10) and ultra-fine dust (PM2.5). The main air pollution components that cause respiratory and cardiovascular diseases for babies.
- Deodorizing: The smell of food, cigarettes, toilets, mold, sewers. The strong deodorizing ability of air purifiers will be very effective when the baby lives near the environment with lots of cigarette smoke, industrial areas, landfills, and so on.
- Antibacterial: This is the most important use of air purifiers. Antibacterial ability, eliminate allergens, cause disease in the air will help protect the baby’s health.
- Humidifier: They equip some models with both a humidifying system and a moisture filter by bringing water vapor into the air. This feature not only helps regulate the room temperature but also helps limit dryness in the baby.
How to use an air purifier?
Use a suitable air purifier : They equip each model with many types of capacity to suit the room area. Therefore, using the air purifier in a room with an inappropriate area will reduce the efficiency of air filtration.
Use in a closed room: They design the air cleaner indoors, so it will filter more with negligible amounts of air. If you open the door, the outside air is out, making the air purifier work harder and also difficult to filter the air.
Keep out of reach of the baby: Babies should not touch not only this air purifier but all electrical equipment because it is not safe for the baby.
Do not misuse the air purifier : The air cleaner using the ozone feature must use when the room is humid if abuse can cause the opposite effect.
Location to place the air purifier : Place it in the baby’s bedroom because this is where the baby is almost in the house. Also, you can place the device in a room where air circulation is easy.
Experience using the air purifier
- You should check the membrane system monthly if you live in a dusty and polluted area.
- Need to use clean water when adding moisture to protect moisture rotor.
- Do not place the air purifier too close to the wall.
- Place the air purifier in a position to catch the airflow from the outside. Should not be in the corner of a room.
The budget is the first base. How much do you spend on air purifiers? We will choose the best air purifier for your baby within that budget.
What is the most important use of air cleaners for your baby’s health?
For infants, because of the weak respiratory system, more sensitive to air pollutants than adults, the most important use of air purifiers for babies is to eliminate allergens, micro bacteria, viruses that cause disease.
In each segment, each price, air purifier brands have outstanding products in this use.
Should we use an air purifier with a humidifying function?
An air purifier with a humidifying function (moisture compensation) will cost more than a similar product that only works to filter the air. This will also make parents consider when choosing.
Should use a humidifier air purifier in case your baby’s room uses air conditioning regularly (summer use cold afternoon, winter use heating).
When using air conditioning regularly, the humidity in the room will decrease, causing dry skin, nose, and throat. Low humidity will affect the baby a lot. The reason is that the baby’s skin is still immature, respiratory, nose, and throat too. Some nosebleeds caused by low humidity that causes the rupture of the nasal capillaries.
With less use of air conditioners or homes with humidity, it is unnecessary to choose an air purifier with a humidifying function.
Noise when operating
This is also a factor to consider. For babies, it needs an air purifier to operate almost quietly so as not to affect the baby’s sleep and development.
How to clean the air purifier ?
Step 1: Turn off the power, unplug it, then take it to the balcony or bathroom for cleaning to avoid dust from the air purifier to the room.
Step 2: Disassemble air purifier parts and sort the filters for proper cleaning:
- Clean the HEPA filter and air blower with a slight brush.
- Clean activated carbon filter, similar but not with water.
Step 3: Clean the ion generator, electrostatic precipitator (if any) by placing in a bowl of water, and using a brush to scrub.
Step 4: Clean the rotor by removing the moisture filter and soaking with water. Then You should dry it with a towel.
Step 5: After cleaning, air-dry the air filters. HEPA filter exposes about 2 hours, coal filter 30 minutes – 1 hour, humidifier, and ion generator, streamed just dry.
We recommend this filter for homes, especially for families with a young baby. Besides, also combine planning more air purifiers to protect your baby from current air pollution.